ESG policy (Environmental Social and Corporate Governance)
Reasoning for guidelines and policies
Global economic growth and the environmental challenges facing the world have reinforced the significance of supporting solutions that are sustainable for the long term. Priveq regards these goals as compatible with our objective of acheiving the highest possible returns and long-lasting success for our portfolio companies.
Priveq is a member of the sector organisations Invest Europe and SVCA (the Swedish Venture Capital Association), and has undertaken to comply with their ethical guidelines and codes of conduct. Priveq is also a signatory to the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI), an initiative by the UN to promote responsible investments. More information on the UN PRI is found at www.unpri.org.
Guidelines and policies
- Being businesslike – in all contexts, Priveq and its employees should conduct themselves in a businesslike manner and be perceived as a good business partner to portfolio companies, suppliers, investors and other partners.
- HR and employee rights – Priveq and our portfolio companies should comply with ILO (the UN specialised agency on labour rights) core conventions.
- Environment – Priveq and our portfolio companies should endeavour to contribute to an environmentally sustainable society and utilise the earth’s resources respectfully.
- Anti-corruption – Priveq does not accept itself our its portfolio companies becoming involved in corruption, including bribery, extortion and money laundering.
- Non-investible sectors – Priveq does not invest in companies whose primary operations are in the war industry, gaming and gambling, tobacco and pornography.
When evaluating a potential investment, we consider the target company’s values, principles and its business operations. Our requirement is that the company satisfies Priveq’s guidelines and standards on ESG issues, or that we judge that in our capacity as owner, we can change the company’s attitude and conduct on these issues.
For further information, please contact
Karl-Johan Willén is Partner and Investment Manager. He is responsible for sourcing new investment opportunities as well as working with growth strategies, acquisitions and incentive programs for the companies owned by Priveq. Karl-Johan is also responsible for Priveq’s work within ESG (Environmental Social and Corporate Governance).
Since Karl-Johan joined Priveq in 1998, he has been responsible for Scandinavian Photo, Sydtotal, San Sac, Unisport Scandinavia and Crem International. He is currently a Director of the Boards of Danfo, Nordic Room Improvement and Visual Art.
He holds an M.Sc. in Financial Economics from the University of Gothenburg School of Business, Economics and Law and La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia. Karl-Johan also studied Business Intelligence at Stockholm University.