The company became independent in 1998, when it changed its name to Priveq. For more than three decades, Priveq has successfully invested in over 130 Swedish companies, bringing 28 of them to the stock market. Throughout our history we have consistently focused on helping Swedish growth companies to keep developing using our capital and knowledge.
Historically, the main investors in Priveq have been long-term Swedish pension fund managers, but in recent years we have also attracted many international investors. Today, the majority of our investment comes from European and American long-term investors, adding to our traditional base of Nordic investors.
Over the years, Priveq has been very successful. We rank highly in the top quartile of the best-performing private equity firms in Europe.
Priveq invests in growth companies across a wide range of sectors. We seek out unique companies that are leaders in their individual segments.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss Priveq’s passion: companies and entrepreneurship.
Companies should be based in the Nordics, but we take a positive view of a planned or initiated internationalisation process.
For more than three decades, we have participated in developing over 125 growth companies, the overwhelming majority being Swedish.
Structured corporate governance
With our experience of taking 28 companies to the stock market, Priveq brings its in-depth knowledge of creating value through structured corporate governance. (Note that we never take on an executive role in partner companies)
The companies that Priveq invests in generally satisfy the following criteria:
Sales of SEK 100-1,000m
Strong market position
Competent and goal-oriented management
Individuals from our network are currently represented in many of our companies. Priveq is delighted and proud to collaborate with these skilled professionals.
Global economic growth and the environmental challenges facing the world have reinforced the significance of supporting solutions that are sustainable for the long term. Priveq regards these goals as compatible with our objective of achieving the highest possible returns and long-lasting success for our portfolio companies.
Priveq is a member of the sector organisations Invest Europe and SVCA (the Swedish Venture Capital Association), and has undertaken to comply with their ethical guidelines and codes of conduct. Priveq is also a signatory to the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI), an initiative by the UN to promote responsible investment. More information on the UN PRI is found at www.unpri.org.
When evaluating a potential investment, we consider the target company’s values, principles and its business operations. Our requirement is that the company satisfies Priveq’s guidelines and standards on ESG issues, or that we judge that in our capacity as owner we can change the company’s attitude and conduct on these issues. Priveq supports all portfolio companies in developing their own sustainability strategy with specific focus areas including goals and action plans.
Every year, Priveq collects sustainability data from our portfolio companies. The data is then compiled and presented in an annual sustainability report. The report also describes Priveq’s sustainability work and our focus areas more in detail.
Guidelines and policies
- Being businesslike – in all contexts, Priveq and its employees should conduct themselves in a businesslike manner and be perceived as a good business partner to portfolio companies, suppliers, investors and other partners.
- HR and employee rights – Priveq and our portfolio companies should comply with the core conventions of the ILO (the UN specialised agency on labour rights).
- Environment – Priveq and our portfolio companies should endeavour to contribute to an environmentally sustainable society and utilise the Earth’s resources respectfully.
- Anti-corruption – Priveq does not accept itself our its portfolio companies becoming involved in corruption, including bribery, extortion and money laundering.
- Non-investible sectors – Priveq does not invest in companies whose primary operations are in the war industry, gaming and gambling, tobacco and pornography.
- Priveq expects all portfolio companies to establish a code of conduct and a supplier code covering the ten principles of the UN Global Compact within six months of Priveq’s investment. Another requirement is that our companies establishes a whistleblowing function.
Priveq undertakes to comply with the EU’s Sustainability Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) ((EU) 2019/2088) and is transparent regarding sustainability related information about our funds and our investment process. Information on how sustainability risks are integrated in our investment decision process and our renumeration policy, and the non-account for main adverse sustainability effects (PAI) is described in the Disclosure Regulation, see PDF below.
To date, Priveq has been given the trust to manage a total value of close to ten billion Swedish kronor. We are currently investing capital from the Priveq Investment VI, which amounts to SEK 2,500m. Skandia Investment I, a so-called Evergreen fund, was established in 1983. This fund is now closed.
During more than 35 years of long-term, successful operation, Priveq has attracted well-recognised institutional investors to its funds. These investors, currently a favourable mix of Swedish and international institutions, such as pension funds, endowments, insurance companies, provide good security for Priveq with their long-term investment perspective.